ISTANBUL AYDIN UNİVERSİTESİVisit website
Istanbul Aydın University (IAU)
Istanbul Aydın University (IAU) is a non-profit and state-recognized Foundation university offering bachelor’s, graduate and doctorate programs.
IAU offers a wide range of academic programs in order to meet the demands of the labor market in the global economy.
IAU in recent years has increased its investment in health education with its Faculty of the Health Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry and the Faculty of Medicine. The number of programs taught fully in English has grown, in line with the university’s internationalization strategy. IAU has also emphasized quality assurance and accreditation procedures for its academic programs.
QUALITY AND RANKINGS
• In the evaluation made by the US-based US News Reports, IAU was the 548th best university in the world ranking, while it was in the top five in Turkey. In the field rankings of the same institution, IAU is listed in the part that includes the best 300 universities in the world in the field of physics.
• IAU, in THE Impact Rankings, which evaluates the contribution of universities to society; In the fields of “End Poverty” and “Renewable Clean Energy”, it was among the top 3 foundation universities in Turkey and among the top 300 in the world rankings. In the field of Gender Equality, it was ranked in the top 10 among foundation universities and in the top 300 in the world.
• While IAU was among the top 300 universities in the ‘QS EECA 2020’ ranking, in which QS evaluates Developing European and Asian countries, it was ranked 1st among Turkish Foundation Universities in the ‘International Student’ category.
• The U-multirank project, supported by the European Union, has listed IAU among the top 1000 universities in Europe.
• IAU also took part in the final of the “best workplace” category at THE Asian Awards, which is described as the Oscars of higher education.
• TURQUALITY: IAU A WORLD BRAND IN EDUCATION
As a leader in education exports, Istanbul Aydin University was included in the first and only state-supported global branding program Turquality by the Ministy of Trade as one of two universities in Turkey.
IAU Facts and Figures
Students’ Top Choice
IAU is the most-preferred university by Turkish students in the central placement test for bachelor’s programs. IAU is also preferred by international students; it has the highest number of international students among the foundation universities in Turkey.
IAU has engineering and health sciences laboratories equipped with up-to-date technology, as well as art and design workshops and studios. It has an online student registration and information system. Every classroom is equipped with smart boards and podiums. The library has a wide range of electronic resources for the use of students and staff.
IAU has academic programs at prebachelor’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels covering most disciplines. Being a comprehensive university encourages interdisciplinary research and allows students to complete double major and minor studies.
Focus on Competency
IAU emphasizes professional competency in its teaching. Students have internships integrated into their curricula and on-the-job-training opportunities through the many Industry partnerships of IAU.
IAU has an international campus with around 6000+ international degree-seeking students from 120 countries. IAU also welcomes international students through the Erasmus+, bilateral exchange programs, and the Delightful Istanbul programs. IAU offers numerous study abroad opportunities to all its students at its partner universities abroad.
IAU’s main campus in Florya offers easy access to the many social and cultural activities in Istanbul through public transportation. Florya is close to the main international airport in Istanbul. IAU has also smaller campuses in downtown locations, housing the English Language Program, dental clinics, continous education programs.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Established by Anadolu Education and Culture Foundation (AKEV), Istanbul Aydın University (IAU) is in its 18th year, functioning in an open area of 420.000 square meters, an indoor area of 270,000 square meters. With its 3,000 academic and administrative staff; 12 faculties, 2 colleges and 3 vocational schools and postgraduate education institute; with 40.000+ students and 63.000+ alumni IAU occupies an important place in the higher education sector of Turkey.
* Istanbul Aydın University, which has taken firm steps as ‚ ‘A World University‘ since its establishment, has made a significant contribution to the national and international higher education community in 18 years.